So first of all, let me say, that i've denied that this part of me exists. Why? well, because myfather used to say to me, 'Don't be emotional like your mother.' It was obviuos that was good advice, cause my mtoehr was a train wreck. I always knew it was important not to act like her in order to be loved by my father. So, now I knew what I shouldnt' do, but I had no idea how that trasnlated into acting when emotions were involved.
In that time period, there were no counselors or therapists of group sessions availabel on helath insurance or even in common usgae. That was the time of psychiatrists;lobotomies, and shock therapy. No self help books (especially for children). My granmother raised me, btu she showed very little emotion at all other than displeasure or anger.
Wow, where to begin?
I dont' think I ever had a role model or even figured out that maybe I should look at some of my friends ot learn how to act. I figured I was smart and I had teh answer--do not act like my mother. OTOH, my mpother did have some good qualities.
No comments:
Post a Comment