Monday, October 31, 2011

I am a Smart Woman

I am a smart woman. There is no denying it. I am not being arrogant when i say this. Technically yes, I am smart. Smart as they say in book learning. I am a doctor and I have a high IQ. I learn things quickly, even things I don't like. So why do i make dumb choices in particularly as regards men?

When I look back on 55 years of life (wow, I do NOT feel --or thankfully look-that old), I see how I've lived my life as various people. No I am not a schizophenic, nor do I have successive identities. Instead, I have what I call my professional self and my emotional self. I think in a lot of ways my professional self is based on the adult self I have created and i am proud of her. The emotional self is the one that makes alot of poor choices. Its nice to assign blame, but I really want to know 'why' once and for all, so I can be proud of my emotional self too and maybe, just maybe combine it with my emotional self to be a well rounded person.

No comments:

Post a Comment